17/05/2015

Book Wishlist [May 2015]

Once again I apologise for the inactivity here on Rachel Jayne, I don't know where the time has gone and i've been under a lot of stresses recently with not a lot of time for blogging..anyway let's put my excuses aside and focus on my book wishlist.


Reading is something i've really began to enjoy in the past couple of years, probably steaming from my love for The Hunger Games trilogy! So it's not suprising to say that my never-ending list for new books has continued to grow and grow. (These books are taken from my "Goodreads" online wishlist bookshelf".)

     Top of my list, for sure, is "Shutter Island", which i've been desperate to get my hands on after watching the film version (just to let you know the film itself was incredible, and so damn clever). Shutter Island follows the story of Teddy Daniels, a US Marshall, investigating the dissappearance of a prisoner patient at the Ashecliffe Hospital for the crimanally insane. Although, the Island isn't all that it seems, and retuning to the mainland is a near impossible task as Teddy progressively discovers. The film, featuring Mr DiCaprio *heart-eye-emoji*, was recommended to me by a few friends - and the storyline could not be more emmersing..i'll have to hope the book catches my attention just as much. 

     I've seen the film trailer for Child 44 and it definitely intrigued me..I think the film/book would have a whole lot of information and context backstory to it, so i'd probably say that I think the book will be better. Nevertheless, Child 44 compells the story of Leo Demindov investigating the murders in a country in which "crime" is supposedly non-exsistant.

     Described as "the Fault in Our Stars meets Eleanor and Park in this exhilarating and heart-wrenching love story about a girl who learns to live from a boy who intends to die.", All The Bright Places seems like a fairly relateable, young adult novel and is probably one that would need lots of tissues, period. 

     "This hauntingly vivid story illustrates the human spirit’s indomitable search for home, and one girl’s struggle to survive.", as described on Goodreads, explores the ideas of survival outside of home; running away and faces the consequences of being alone with no one to trust. And then what happens when trust is put into the wrong person's hold. Seems very interesting--and a dissimilar novel theme to what i'd usually compulsed to buy.


Maybe you've seen a book above that you like the sound of? I'd love to know if you've read any of the books i've mentioned. Leave a comment below if you'd like, and leave you're wishlist too!

No comments:

Post a Comment